Permithrin 10%

Always got busted by deer using a thermacell and nothing would come around
Me.
It also makes a slight hissing noise that I can hear so that means deer can hear it too.
The smell is annoying to me so I imagine the deer can smell it profusely.
The thermacell helped
Greatly to keep noseeums away but it kept the deer away too.

If anyone wants my thermacell come get it but be warned the deer will bust you with really loud and annoying blowing noises.

I used the scent free tiny pocket spray pump of OFF bug spray which seemed to work much better but they lie through their teeth because it still has a mild scent just not as bad as the normal scent.
Probably just watered down and packaged.
I spray it on my hands and wipe it all over my ears, face
and neck..... Works pretty good and deer aren't spooked by it.

Last edited:
YES. I don't go in the woods anymore without at least permethrined pants; I've been "chiggered" too many times.

Research this and do it at your own risk.

If you are so willing, buy the commercial poison at a pest-control place. Dilute to .8%. Soak in Ziplok overnight, then hang out to dry. This will last 50+ washings. Do not get the solution on you.

One $60 bottle will last you and your family and friends 100 years. Which is way more cost effective than the little bottles of .1% Permanone.

In Africa my PH was burning the seed ticks off of his pants with a cigarette. He asked me why I wasn't having the same problem. "Take a look" says I. They were dead. Hundreds of them...

This process works, but I'm not going to spell it out in detail in public to an audience that may or may not know how to handle poisons safely. Find the Army directions and follow them.

Oh, something the Army instructions won't mention-- dry cleaning removes the permethrin. So, if you overtreat the clothes to where they are giving you a rash, have them dry-cleaned and start over.

Back
Top Bottom