Pistol Re-coating

highcinap

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
141   0
Reaction score
i picke up a CZ97b pretty cheap today, all the internals are good, but the finish is piss poor, i would real like to have it blued and polished by someone
anyone have an idea where i could get this done? and how much it may be?

i picke up a CZ97b pretty cheap today, all the internals are good, but the finish is piss poor, i would real like to have it blued and polished by someone
anyone have an idea where i could get this done? and how much it may be?

It's a ways but if you are ever in the area, Jim Parsons does an excellent caustic hot blue. If you strip the slide and frame bring him the parts you want blued he charges less than if he has to break it down. He can bead blast the rounds and hand polish the flats to a 400 grit or higher grade finish.

He was charging around $200 but that has been a few years ago. You won't be disappointed.

Another option to consider is Cerakote typically about half the cost but it will not compare to a well executed hot blue finish. You may consider doing this yourself if you have any basic wood/steel working skills. There is a hot bluing sticky that has the most comprehensive detailed listing that I have found. You might want to start on a cheaper beater through.

i60.tinypic.com_33ytgqw.jpg

Here is a pistol he did for me a few years ago.

i59.tinypic.com_20a883q.jpg

Last edited:
Do it your self! bead blast the rounds, 400 grit polish the flats and rust blue it! you can look at the two I did , colt mustang and 1903 colt here in this part of the forum. stainless steel pot ful of hot boiling water but first get a pass from the wife to use her kitchen! strip, remove the blueing, bead blast,polish the flats, degrease completely then ( I use brake cleaner then boil in water and TSPfirst) then with a pot of clean boiling hot water rust blue, I use Mark Lee express blue #1. Simple and easy! Save your cash for another gun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom