• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Preban Black Talons. Are they still legal to buy or trade for?

rlt3241963

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
Are preban Black Talons legal to purchase or trade for and if so, does anyone have any in 9mm that they would want to sell or trade? I'd like about 2-4 boxes depending on the price or trade value being asked.

Not sure where you're going with this (*I have a few boxes that I bought long ago and are keeping just for the hell of it*), but these Black Talons are of the DEVIL! People killed by a near miss and any hit on a vest will go right through. Just a little morning humor, sorry. I stocked up on Ranger T series, (many comparisons on utube shooting water jugs, ham and other media) same thing if not better and MUCH cheaper. Plus if you ever shot someone with a Black Talon the lawyers would have a "black Talon" This is my humble opinion and in no way meant to influence yours.......................

And a real cop-killer here:

Recently, the newer Winchester 9mm 127 grain +P+ Ranger SXT bullet (product number RA9SXTP) has been found to penetrate some lower threat level soft body armor. Second Chance Body Armor Company recalled one of its vests in response to officer safety concerns posed by this particular bullet.

Really after copying that I had to get this too lol:

The Black Talon is just another fine example of media hype feeding stereotypical people who haven got a clue. No different than the silly ass laws about high capacity magazines and specific bans on certain bullet types.
DSC_0027.jpgDSC_0042.jpg

Ranger HXT 5th generation (230gr) compared to a Remington Golden Saber (180gr) 3 inch Kimber into 4 water jugs at 7 yards. I know, I know.................. Both are very nasty... .45 acp here

Attachments

• DSC_0046.jpg
    DSC_0046.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Yea, I have read and seen on TV how the media kept refering to them as cop killers and would go through a bullit proof vest when they were still being sold. Also, that they were teflon coated. ALL LIES!!!!! It is amazing how the truth can be not only streched but even fabricated. The Black Talons just expand differently then most bullits but armor piercing, please! I just like the way they look. I have to single stack clips full of them that I've had from back when they were still being sold in gun stores. I know about the SXT's, just haven't had a chance to buy a box. They are the same bullit, just not black. It's amazing how a color change can influence and alter a persons opinion on them. Especially when those people have no clue when it comes to ballistics. Maybe they need to pick up a book on ballistics of for that matter it being the 21st century, just google it.

Aye, sorry I kept adding stuff to that post but I am off today and got started on the coffee and the google and just couldn't stop. I like to look at the backyard comparisons of bullets in different media, quite interesting. All that said and I keep most of my guns loaded with ball ammo because I DO want max penetration. (not likely to be in a crowded area)

I agree with everything said above. Also, though, they were never banned. Winchester voluntarily decided to stop production around 2000 but the sxt bullets are pretty much the Same eXact Thing.

Last edited:
I agree with everything said above. Also, though, they were never banned. Winchester voluntarily decided to stop production around 2000 but the sxt bullets are pretty much the Same eXact Thing.

Yep, 100%. The Platinum tip IS the exact same thing only a different color.

They weren't banned, they just stop making them that's why you can't find any.

Back
Top Bottom