PSA Brown box projectiles

eldrima

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
71   0
Reaction score
It's been 20 years since I reloaded (helped my dad while I was in high school) but I just built a bench and he is going to let me use his reloading equipment that has been collecting dust. I'm stocking up on supplies and saw that PSA has 30% off reloading supplies and equipment.

They have PSA Munitions Brown box 230 grn plated HP 45 bullets (500 count) for $55 before the discount and 115 grn 9MM plated RN (500 count) for $35. When you factor in the shipping, the discount washes out. Seems like pretty good prices for these bullets but then again I don't have as much experience shopping for these supplies.

Any one ever loaded their bullets? What are your thoughts on these prices? Thanks!

I can shoot GA Arms lead cast 125 grain 9mm for $60+tax/1K or 230 grain for $87+tax/900 each so those prices are close. I can shoot Precision Delta 115 grain FMJ $86/1K shipped to my door and FMJ 230 grain for $125/1K shipped to my door.

I can push the velocity on FMJ bullets.

I have not loaded any plated bullets if they were as cheap as lead cast I would consider it.

If I am running cast, I use Missouri bullet or Georgia Arms. For plated pistol ODT member mrdrhumphres, pretty sure I spelled that wrong. Everglades ammunition for plated rifle. For jacketed precision delta.

I got excited when I saw the email from the announcing the 30% off, but when I actually added stuff to my cart and saw the shipping cost, it was a joke. There's no way in hell that it costs $19 to ship two 500rd boxes of 9mm. Even still, the prices are still pretty decent.

Also check out xtremebullets.com. They have $5 flat rate shipping, regardless of the size of your order. (I paid $5 to ship over 60 pounds of bullets via 3 separate boxes a few weeks ago.)

I also suggest that you check out Extreme Bullets.
shipping is dirt cheap regardless of the amount ordered, they often have specials as well.
get orders out fast, always have the stuff in stock.
I don't load Rifle but I push the plated pistol up to 1400-1500 FPS and no problems with them.
I don't recall exact money amount as I use some 6-7 different projectiles but I believe the regular prices from Extreme are about what you cite, and then there is the 5 buck shipping as well.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll do a little price shopping with all of these and see what looks like the best value. My last PSA ammo order shipped in 2 days so hopefully they have worked out some kinks.

Any suggestions on powder? GA Arms or do you buy online and pay Hazmat fee?

I buy powder whenever and wherever I can find it locally.

I've had great luck with xtreme handgun bullets, but haven't fired any rifle bullets yet. I do have some on hand that look great, I just haven't tried them yet.

As far as PSA, I'm sure the bullets are great (as is most everything from them), it just irritates the hell out of me that they make it sound like a huge sale, then they just yank it back with over inflated shipping. But even still, they do look like they have some decent pricing on some of the bullets.

Back
Top Bottom