• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

PTSD

Any of y'all suffering through it? I never admitted to myself that I had it until very recently. I have been reflecting lately and I think it's time to confront it. Sleeping on the couch for 15 years and being on high alert 24/7 should have been enough for me to wake up to it. I felt like I was too strong or some dumb **** that it couldn't happen to me. Well it did. I've suffered for a long time. I know I'm not the only one on here. How do y'all get through it? I'm at the age that drinking it away is no longer an option. The VA tries but they are so bad at it. I'm searching but it's tough.

I suffered from it a while ago but got through it.

The Marines and Navy have groups such as the Marine Corps League and others. I am sure the Army, Air Force, and (cough) Coast Guard veterans have similar groups. Get in touch with one and start talking to them, this plus counseling can help.

Talking with fellow veterans from your branch and others with a similar history helps

Semper Fi

Any of y'all suffering through it? I never admitted to myself that I had it until very recently. I have been reflecting lately and I think it's time to confront it. Sleeping on the couch for 15 years and being on high alert 24/7 should have been enough for me to wake up to it. I felt like I was too strong or some dumb **** that it couldn't happen to me. Well it did. I've suffered for a long time. I know I'm not the only one on here. How do y'all get through it? I'm at the age that drinking it away is no longer an option. The VA tries but they are so bad at it. I'm searching but it's tough.
I still will never admit it but I’m told I’m the definition of it. Sleep on the floor as I’ve been doing for 15 years I don’t feel right in a bed, always on alert and quick to act to are towards every little thing. I came to the conclusion it may be the only thing keeping me alive at this point.

Back
Top Bottom