re. G29 10mm - parts required to shoot 40s&w?

owenssot1

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
127   0
Reaction score
re. G29 10mm - parts required to shoot 40s&w?

Hey Guys,

I have a stock gen4 G29. Also prob pick up a G29 gen3 soon.
Love the 10mm round, but might want to occasionally shoot .40 s&w for availability and cost reasons.

--> Wondering if I can swap out some parts and shoot .40s&w in this gun??

- What parts are required to be able to shoot .40s&w?

- Where do you recommend I get the parts?

- Anyone successfully done this?

Thanks in advance for the input.

A barrel is all that is needed. A recoil spring change is suggested, but not always necessary. Lonewolf dist is the most plentiful brand of them.
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1013&CAT=238 Search the net and you'll find them available.

I shoot 40S&W in my G20 with no issues. It's not a regular thing. Mostly just to see if I could. It shot them fine and cycled fine.

Last edited:
I've done it in my g20 by accident with no problem double check with glock. It should be like a 38 in a 357 as long as the extractor claw has a good grip. That's how 45acp cycles in a 460 Roland !

Yeah. Same mag works because the 40 is the same diameter as a 10. As a 40 feeds from the mag the extractor catches it and holds it in place.

Worst case scenario is you break an extractor. I've never heard of it happening, but that's the only part that has a little more force put on it when putting a 40 in a 10mm chamber. Note: the it has the extra force put on the extractor when your chambering the round because it holds the case back against the slide face. The extractor doesn't have any extra force applied to it when firing the round.

Back
Top Bottom