Rep. Sandofrd Bishop (D) response letter

fistfullaholla

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
38   0
Reaction score
I just recieved this letter via email from my federal congressman, Sandford D, Bishop. Although he is a Democrat I suspect he is very much in touch with his voting base and does not seem to skirt the issue at all.
And now, submitted for your viewing pleasure:

Dear Mr. XXXXX

Thank you for contacting me about the individual right to bear a firearm enshrined in the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. I appreciate hearing your views on this important issue, and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

You will be pleased to learn that I received an A rating from the National Rifle Association for the 112th Congress (2011-2012). I have been a strong proponent of Second Amendment rights under the U.S. Constitution, so that law-abiding adults can exercise their Constitutional right to purchase and own firearms for the protection of their homes and families, collecting, target shooting, and hunting.

For example, I have been a sponsor of the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act. This legislation would permit any person with a valid concealed carry permit to carry a concealed firearm in any state that issues concealed firearm permits, or that does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms. I also have supported legislation which would roll back unnecessary restrictions and reform the operations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE). Finally, I strongly agree that the Second Amendment guarantees individual rights to own and use firearms as opposed to collective rights to do so.

Again, I greatly appreciate your contacting me about this matter. I trust that you will continue to share your thoughts with me on other matters of concern. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to call on me.

With warmest regards, I remain

Sincerely yours,

Sanford D. Bishop, Jr.
Member of Congress

Last edited:
Maybe,just maybe there's more Dem's like him.

Yes there are. Believe me, we are out there making as much noise as our gun loving Republican counterparts.
I have written and called all the elected officials that represent me, not just the ones I voted for or donated to...

Back
Top Bottom