• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger SP101 .22

gacracker

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
32   0
Reaction score
I am not an experienced reviewer, but I have to brag on my Ruger SP101 in .22. It is in my opinion, as sweet as a 22 could be. Solid feel, good heft and perfect (for me) trigger. Maybe someone else knows why they do not make this anymore. I don't understand why. I have had it 10 years and while I do not shoot a lot with it, it is the perfect varmint piece.

View attachment 28096View attachment 28098View attachment 28100

That's what I was thinking I must have clicked on the "what's new" I was thinking it was in the classifieds but nice looking gun let me know if you decide to trade it off gacracker

They don't make them anymore because they did not sell well enough. I think the general consensus is that people prefer .22 that have fully adjustable sights to account with the wide variations in point of impact off different .22 ammo.

They don't make them anymore because they did not sell well enough. I think the general consensus is that people prefer .22 that have fully adjustable sights to account with the wide variations in point of impact off different .22 ammo.

I've heard a different explanation on why they discontinued them. What I heard was that when Ruger switched over to a longer frame for the SP101 to accommodate .357, they had a bunch of the shorter frames left over. They made the .22's to make use of those frames, and when the frames were gone they ended the run.

Who knows, though...

Back
Top Bottom