Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Meh, prefer to be deafened and blinded by AR "pistol"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can eat tacos while shooting either

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
4 3/4”

IMG_2211.jpeg

Since there is only 3/4" difference between those barrel lengths, there isn't much difference in how they feel and shoot. I prefer the 4 3/4" because of the appearance as much as anything.
A single action with the 7 1/2" barrel is another matter. I can shoot it with a lot more accuracy than a shorter barrel.
Handling and drawing from a holster aren't that bad with a 7 1/2" and if it's a .45 the weight isn't really an issue.
Matt Dillon's shooter had a 7 1/2" barrel and he handled it well!

I've had all the barrel lengths from sheriff's model to buntlines. The 7 1/2 shoots just about as good as a 12" buntline. I've found the 5 1/2 as the best over all. It's still fast enough on a draw and shoots almost as good as a 7 1/2. I always thought the 4 3/4 was just plain sexy. Even if the barrel has an ejector rod, it's almost useless with a barrel less than 4 3/4. The sheriff's models are cool, but a reload is quite a bit slower. But it's the ultimate pocket carry in this style pistol. 45 Colt is king, good stopping power and accuracy

You need to shoot both the long and short pistols.

Today's gun games of speed favors the short pistols.....but practical accuracy is easier with the 7 1/2".

Standing in your bedroom in your underwear doing fast draws in the mirror will look cool 😎 to your wife as well.

I don't shoot "cowboy competition" loads. I prefer the full power stuff and shoot the 7 1/2" barrels as I can hit at way longer distance with them.

5 yards and in go short for speed as your not aiming anyway...but at 20-100 yards go long.

Back
Top Bottom