• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Safety Question Ramble Rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLloyd912

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
37   0
Reaction score
There is a pawn shop here in Waycross that has a Mosin Nagant that was sporterized with a custom Bishop stock. Ok so I have several issues with this. First off they have it listed as (Russian 7.62x39) and the guy that runs the place told me that was all he knew about it. Another issue is the price is $375.

I have been in this shop on 3 different times over the last few months and this gun remains marked with the same tag with the wrong info. Now I told this guy from the very first time I saw the gun that I was almost 100% positive that it was a Mosin that had been sporterized and if so they had it listed for the wrong caliber that it should be 7.62 x 54r. He did not really seem to give a damn and was pretty nonchalant about it. I told him I would do more research and make sure because that was the first time I had seen one in a Bishop stock. Now I knew I recognized the 1942 stamp, bolt, mag, and barrel. Really I was trying to politely leave the conversation.

Everytime I go in there I have informed him of everything I know to get him to show some interest in accurately selling the gun. You would think he would consider doing some research. All that being said I just went in there yesterday and it is still there and still the same.

So is this just a moral issue of a guy not giving a damn what he sells his cutomers or is this also a safety issue. If so, who would I contact.

Chances are he probably knows what he has but is trying to make a buck on someone's ignorance. Should he sell the weapon as a 7.62x39 and someone uses that ammo in the weapon then he will have a major law suit on his hands. Until then I don't think there is much you can do.

That is kinda what I thought. If I could afford to then I would buy it. Even at that jacked up price. Save someone else from unexpectedly getting something that could possibly malfunction and harm them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom