• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Savage Hog Hunter

Swab

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
153   0
Reaction score
I'm contemplating picking one of these up in .308 and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. It'll be used for deer hunting and target shooting and it will be my first rifle in this caliber. Other than not having a detachable magazine, it seems pretty decent. Anyone have any thoughts?

I've got one, haven't shot it yet. Stock is typical flimsy for Savage. Most of their stocks are just plastic casing for the action. I stiffened mine up with a rod and foam.

I shot Laxguy's yesterday. Im getting one. After setting the scope for 100yds with a dead center bullseye next shot bullseyed again at 150yds. Trigger felt awesome, Savage just puts out some great stuff for the price. Hell, Savage puts out some great stuff for half of what its worth. Did I mention Im getting one.

I've got one but haven't went Hog hunting with it yet. I only wish it had a detachable mag. I picked up a Nikon Buckmaster 3x9-40 for it. It is heavy,I must say.

I don't own Savage Hog Hunter but I've shot one. It is a very accurate rifle and if you put a muzzle brake on it there is little to no recoil. The iron sights actually work so buy some see through scope rings for closer shots. The rifle is a little on the heavy side, so if you are planing on a lot of scouting with it that might be an issue. The stock feels cheap but that's normal for a synthetic Savage.

Back
Top Bottom