Scope Suggestions For 44 Mag

00_Green

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
55   0
Reaction score
I'm looking for a scope for one of my Redhawks. Everytime I get serious about buying one I keep leaning towards Leupold FX-II, 2x. I totally understand that you get what you pay for in optics and Leupold is top of the line in quality and customer support. I don't want to invest in a scope that will let me down when I need it most.
I'm prepared to drop that kind of coin on a scope if need be but the flip side is these pistols rarely see sun light. Not to say I won't get back into 44 mag again but in my older age i don't enjoy the round like i use to. I have no intention of ever selling and will be giving them to kids one day so it's sort of an investment.

Does anyone have experience with and can reccomend a magnum pistol scope that might be a little easier on the wallet?
I'm also curious if how many of you would purchase a 4x over a 2x.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

2x is fine for larger game and within 100 yards for the most part, but if shooting smaller varmits I would want more power 4x or even 7x and for longer ranges over 100 yards. My eyes require more power and light now. The trade off for more power is field of view and if your shooting fast or on larger moving targets open sights, red dot or a 2x scope is fine. I really like the Burris pistol scopes and for the money they are very hard to beat.
Link: http://www.midwayusa.com/Find?userSearchQuery=burris+pistol

Back
Top Bottom