• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SIG 556 Optic Suggestions??

jmblack

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
52   0
Reaction score
looking for an optic for my sig 556....want some quick detach mounts i dont know if i want the UTG mounts (mixed reviews) or the burris QD mounts. also seen the aim sports recon series CQB scope at a gun show for $120. if anyone has any reviews on that scope let me have some feedback.....if you have any other suggestions whatsoever throw them my way! looking to spend around $100 for mounts and around $2-250 for an optic.....thanks guys!

It's hard to say with the Sig 556. So many people poo poo the diopter but I find it to be a wonderful sight. I have come close to putting a red dot on it but have always stopped short. There should be a backup sight along the rail though if you wanna go that way.

I just bought optics and mounts for a Bison Armory SPR, (7.62/308 on a Mega Arms upper and lower) and a 3-gun AR I am building. I mounted a Nikon 6.5-20X44 with a Burris PEPR, QD mount. Mount is well made and solid. Two range trips and 60+ shots with no loss of zero.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/956124/nikon-monarch-african-series-rifle-scope-1-4x-20mm-german-4-reticle-matte
For my 3-gun AR, I bought a Nikon African 1-4X20. This scope was recently discontinued by Nikon, but is similiar to the M223. Super clear glass and very quick target acquisition. I am mounting it to my M4 upper with the TMS offset, mount. For $40.00, you will not find a better scope mount. Workmanship is top knotch and mount is rock solid. I'll also add some 45 degree backup sights to this rifle.
http://www.amazon.com/Offset-Piece-Scope-Mount-Picatinny/dp/B003NZ9W9E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361235375&sr=8-1&keywords=TMS+AR15+M4+Flat+Top+Offset+One+Piece+Scope+Mount+for+1913+Picatinny+Rails

Last edited:
Looking for the same thing. I have a 556 classic with the diopter. Are you looking to co witness with the stock FS?

no i took those off and chose the troy micros they are bad!! bad expensive but i love them and way smaller profile

Back
Top Bottom