Sights

benmmc

Space Force Icon Lifetime Supporter
Certified Hengineer
Staff member
CTO ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
103   0
Reaction score
Hey fellas, what kinda sights are you guys using? Let's see some photos.

I'll start, because I just got a new setup.

First, the mount. It is a sliding mount I got from a guy on eBay. It's made from solid 6061, and it very well made. It is friction-fit, so no need to lock the slider down. It's very slim and light. So far, I love it. It was only the mount I bought, so I had to find a scope to put on it.

i53.tinypic.com_eanywn.png

I looked at many scopes, including HHA and some target ones that Lancaster Archery sells. I ultimately went with a local company (who also has stuff at Lancaster). They are Impact Archery. This scope was low cost, and it is also aluminum. Very sturdy and it has 20" of .19 fiber. Seems plenty bright.

i54.tinypic.com_34nlh8j.jpg

Here it is all set up. Sighted it in at 20 yards today. Tomorrow I'll start marking off other yardages. Hopefully it'll let me go out to 90 or 100 :D

i51.tinypic.com_2lnijwz.jpg

Black Gold!

This thing is awsome! I wasnt sure how I would feel about the pin wheel adjustment, but after I got used to it I can really dial my pin's in. The PhotoChromatic Shell is awsome in the woods. I can see my pins long before and after shooting light, but they are not over bearing like you get from most sight's. The model I have is the Redzone with the two red pins on bottom...didnt know how I would feel about those either, but they really help.

Ive been looking at upgrading to the new Vengeance, but I dont have the $240 to do it right now. Hopefully before next season ill be able to, but if not the Redzone will get the job done just fine.

The only other sight you'll ever see on my bow is an Axcel Armortech or Sword. Ive tossed around the idea of an HHA just not sure if I want to give up my pins or not.

Attachments

• blackgold.jpg
    blackgold.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom