• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SKS Info

HarmsWay

Default rank <5000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
120   0
Reaction score
I found some info on another website because I was using google to look up a sks I have. I thought it was a sks D or M & it is nether. I have a sks MC-5D & from everywhere I read they are apparently more rare. Anyone have info on these or ever heard of them? I am still searching the web, but I am sure others would like to learn as I do so post what you know please.

The SkS that uses standard AK 47 mags was an America idea--and invention. To make a long story short an importer did the first ones, which is what you have. It should not have a screw in the middle of the stock by the mag well and use the same release to release the AK mag. The ATF politely asked them to stop making these conversions so they went to China and had them make them so they could be imported this way. Sounds incredible, but true. The M model is a conversion also. Enter the D. It is a ground up build, not a redo. This one has the gas hole in the barrel close to the bore, for the shortened barrel and the short stroke piston and tube. The Chinese actually liked this version and it has been reported that this "comercial only version" has seen war due to export.

Back
Top Bottom