• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Swift Optics, anybody ever use one?

Powerhouse

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
18   0
Reaction score
I picked up a fairly nice 742 carbine a couple of weeks ago courtesy of lcfd91. I've been wanting a carbine length deer rifle for some time so I was quite excited. When I got home I started shopping for optics right away. My preferred scope, Bushnell Elite 4200 3X9X40, is sadly no longer to be found. While looking I came across the Swift line of optics, and I remembered a friend having one back in the early '90s that was impressive.

I finally settled on the Premier 3X9X40 and ordered it. So far I'm impressed! It's very clear, with a good crisp field of view. Reviews on Midway claim they are comparable to Leupold, but I never owned one of them so I couldn't say. It is the clearest scope I own now though. Haven't tried out at dawn or dusk yet to see how well it gathers light, but I expect good things.

Anybody ever used one? Just wondering how well they hold up over time, it has a lifetime warranty. Just curious.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/828890/swift-premier-rifle-scope-3-9x-40mm-quadraplex-reticle-matte

I ran a swift WA Objective 4-12x50 on my .308 bolt gun (shot countless times), and it is now on my saiga .308 (shot countless time)... still holds a zero after all that recoil and being mistakenly bumped (read dropped) a few times.

Clear lenses and decent (not the best) for low light shooting.

I love mine. Aint broke and no sense in changing it until it does.

Back
Top Bottom