• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Taurus PT22 parts UPDATE

Just got off the phone with Taurus customer service 800-327-3776. Total time including hold was prolly 12 minutes. Young lady couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. She explained warranty is for the life of the gun no matter who bought it from who. Also gave specific shipping info and said wait time could be up to 6 weeks, probably less. Took serial no. and gave a service order # for follow-up.
Top notch in my book. Since the PT22 is U.S. made, maybe the parts won't be a problem and turnaround will be quick.

Sent mine off today. DAMN! UPS delivery is expensive!

UPDATE: Pistol arrived yesterday. Service report included says they replaced the trigger bar, hammer, firing pin, and grips. It was also test fired with 48 rounds! It was well and securely packaged with a card initialed by the receiver, gunsmith, testing tech, and shipper. Turnaround was 4 weeks. Only cost was $20 shipping via FedEx. UPS would have been the same.
I'm pleased.

UPDATE: Pistol arrived yesterday. Service report included says they replaced the trigger bar, hammer, firing pin, and grips. It was also test fired with 48 rounds! It was well and securely packaged with a card initialed by the receiver, gunsmith, testing tech, and shipper. Turnaround was 4 weeks. Only cost was $20 shipping via FedEx. UPS would have been the same.
I'm pleased.

I had a "attempt delivery" note from FedEx at home last night. I am picking up at local fedex location at lunch. Good turnaround - April 7 to April 30. Will update with notes when I open it up.

update: it was well packaged from Taurus - they must own a tape company! They replaced the firing pin assembly, a screw on the grip - everything just seems tighter. They took 27 shots and signed off. Say what you will about Taurus, this is second one i have bought second hand and their customer service has been tremendous. Kudos!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom