• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Test

The deer actually lowers itself instead of jumping jts has always been a misconception.the deer should be ok for a couple to 3 hours even in sept.the quicker ther better.always gut in hot weather that will allow some time to get skinned.if you have to haul a good ways I always put a couple bags ice in chest cavity.

Good advice from mfoster mfoster . Don’t overthink it. You seem to be wanting to make an ethical kill so don’t get yourself all twisted up to the point when the time comes you freeze. Best thing to do is put some does or small bucks down before going after a trophy to help with the adrenaline. I will say the deer I’ve taken with a compound bow were some of the most memorable, but not due to size it was the challenge. Best of luck to you:thumb:

I used to only bowhunt. 60-70lb Light carbon or composite. I used the magnus broadhead. Fixed, similar to old school bear blades. They were 125gr I think.
This isn’t lightning quick. Its more than adequate,and quiet. Its also more tune able and accurate. Give the arrows a spin. Try different heads on different arrows. I guess I suggest slowing the rig down. I never had one duck an arrow out to 30plus.
The quiet and improved accuracy was worth it. Using expanding and speed was not my choice. Doesn’t matter how much you practice if the rig isn’t accurate. If I shot 2 broadheads at the same spot, Id be refletching and possibly a nock. Then Im happy with it.
In early season, the temperature is way to warm to let a deer set all night.
Welcome to the obsession

Back
Top Bottom