• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Testing out new camera.

jacobsen919

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
28   0
Reaction score
Got my "wife" a new Canon Rebel for v-day, thought I'd try it out. Here's my 8 month old daughter, Stag Arms 2TL, Kimber Ultra Carry II LG, and of course I gotta include the mutt. Yep, I can tell a big difference between this and the regular digital cam's.

Attachments

• Braylie1.jpg
    Braylie1.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Braylie.jpg
    Braylie.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 53
  • kimber_stag.jpg
    kimber_stag.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 65
  • stag_kimber.jpg
    stag_kimber.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 72
  • chester.jpg
    chester.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 244
Great pics, your daughter is gonna be a little heartbreaker ain't she?! Bet she's got you wrapped tightly around her little finger, right? Haha! Good looking dog too, I love Boxers. But now I'm drooling over the shootin' irons.

The dog looks like he's saying "I don't know what you're talking about, I didn't have nothing to do with it! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!" lol!

Great pics, your daughter is gonna be a little heartbreaker ain't she?! Bet she's got you wrapped tightly around her little finger, right? Haha! Good looking dog too, I love Boxers. But now I'm drooling over the shootin' irons.
The dog looks like he's saying "I don't know what you're talking about, I didn't have nothing to do with it! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!" lol!

Thanks, yea I believe she will be a heartbreaker and I'll probably have to be a armbreaker! She has definately got her mom's eyes, and I would say she got all her mom's good looks because I still have mine, but I'd be lying. She is 100% her mother and just as beautiful. The boxer is Chester, it looks like he is getting ready to start barking and growling for the camera.

When she has her 1st date, throw a 12 ga. shell at the boy and tell him if he don't act right the next one will be coming at about 1500 fps! Hahaha!

I've had 3 Canon D-SLR cameras and loved them ALL!

Couple pointers for getting rid of those shadows though:

1. Back away from your subject and zoom in instead of standing so close. The flash won't be so harsh on the subject and shadows will be softer, muted, or almost completely go away.
2. Set your ISO higher and you may not need a flash at all (higher ISO captures more light, so you can use faster shutter speeds in lower light. However, your picture quality won't be as good - pixelation will occur when the image is blown up. Try to stay at ISO 400 or lower if you plan on printing anything 8x10 or larger).
3. Use natural or ambient light whenever possible.
4. Practice practice practice!!!

Also learn how to adjust the aperture setting on the camera. This will allow you to capture lower-light pictures at slightly faster shutter speeds without adjusting the ISO. Its a bit more technical than adjusting ISO, but once you figure out how it works, you'll use it all the time!

Photography is one of my favorite hobbies. Unfortunately (as with my guns) I've had to sell all my cameras and gear in order to pay the bills. Unemployment sucks!

Another tip for getting AWESOME shots of your kids:

Get down on their level! Just like you did with the dog. Try not to take downward shots of your subjects (unless they're close-up, like the first pic....SHE IS ADORABLE!).

What model is the camera you're using? The new T2i?

My (new) profile picture is one I took of my sons and is one of my favorites of them, even though it was taken with a simple Canon Powershot point-&-shoot camera.

Last edited:
I've had 3 Canon D-SLR cameras and loved them ALL!

Couple pointers for getting rid of those shadows though:

1. Back away from your subject and zoom in instead of standing so close. The flash won't be so harsh on the subject and shadows will be softer, muted, or almost completely go away.
2. Set your ISO higher and you may not need a flash at all (higher ISO captures more light, so you can use faster shutter speeds in lower light. However, your picture quality won't be as good - pixelation will occur when the image is blown up. Try to stay at ISO 400 or lower if you plan on printing anything 8x10 or larger).
3. Use natural or ambient light whenever possible.
4. Practice practice practice!!!

Also learn how to adjust the aperture setting on the camera. This will allow you to capture lower-light pictures at slightly faster shutter speeds without adjusting the ISO. Its a bit more technical than adjusting ISO, but once you figure out how it works, you'll use it all the time!

Photography is one of my favorite hobbies. Unfortunately (as with my guns) I've had to sell all my cameras and gear in order to pay the bills. Unemployment sucks!

Another tip for getting AWESOME shots of your kids:

Get down on their level! Just like you did with the dog. Try not to take downward shots of your subjects (unless they're close-up, like the first pic....SHE IS ADORABLE!).

What model is the camera you're using? The new T2i?

My (new) profile picture is one I took of my sons and is one of my favorites of them, even though it was taken with a simple Canon Powershot point-&-shoot camera.

Thanks for the tips, we definately got alot to learn about this thing, the cam is a Canon Rebel EOS Rebel XS.

Back
Top Bottom