This is why you Prep...

robster31316

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
5   0
Reaction score
Revolution Pilot
Revolution takes place in a post-apocalyptic future. Fifteen years earlier, an unknown phenomenon permanently disabled all advanced technology on the planet, ranging from computers and electronics to car engines, jet engines, and batteries. People were forced to adapt to a world without technology, and due to the collapse of public order, many areas are ruled by warlords and militias. The series focuses on the Matheson family, who possess an item that is the key to not only finding out what happened fifteen years ago, but also a possible way to reverse its effects. However, they must elude various enemy groups who want to possess that power for themselves.

It's on http://www.nbc.com/revolution/video/pilot/1415378

or you can wait for the first episode next monday on NBC.

The bows/arrows/sticks and swords is one strike against it.

The fact that it's on NBC means the story will play out with a heavy slant on "planet abuse" is what killed it is another strike against it.

When the guns do show up they'll be in the hands of evil people...that's strike three already.

Just my prediction...I could be wrong...but if it's on NBC it will have a 'captain planet' leftist slant to the story.

I did like Jericho but it had it's moments.

But I believe I will pass on this one.

The bows/arrows/sticks and swords is one strike against it.

The fact that it's on NBC means the story will play out with a heavy slant on "planet abuse" is what killed it is another strike against it.

When the guns do show up they'll be in the hands of evil people...that's strike three already.

Just my prediction...I could be wrong...but if it's on NBC it will have a 'captain planet' leftist slant to the story.

I did like Jericho but it had it's moments.

But I believe I will pass on this one.

The director (pilot) is Jon Favreau the director of Iron Man, Iron Man 2, and Cowboys & Aliens. Although, you make an excellent point and I would feel much better had the series been picked up by AMC or FOX. The pilot was however filmed in ATL with obvious scenes from Stone Mountain and what looked like the set of The Walking Dead season 2 finale... although, Wilmington, N.C. is where the series will be filmed. from the pilot it's worth seeing again.

I'll give it a chance and hope for the best

I also really liked Jericho... and was surprised to see it on the air again on SciFy or some other channel? I caught one or two episodes but missed most of them.

The premise is cool...but in all of the video clips I've watched so far they've really pounded home that the bad guys are from some kind of "militia".

People that don't know any better will watch this show and forever think anything militia related is evil and anti-government.

That stuff don't happen, right? Sure it does. The power of suggestion.

That's why half of the country thinks SKSs, WASRs and AR15s are machine guns and think anyone with more than one weapon and a thousand rounds of ammo has an "arsenal".

I would like to be wrong in my prediction. You that will be watching can be the judge.

Jericho was a good show. I just wish it they didn't have to rush the ending due to being canceled.

Back
Top Bottom