• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tikka TAC .308 or Remington SPS Tactical .308......Which is better?

I believe that the Tikka uses a press fit barrel, whereas the rem is a thread in and mute Smith's will do 700 work.

Personally I'd buy savage cause I like being able to do all the work myself.

Never had a Tikka. I've got a couple 700s now and have had 8 others over the years. If you get the 700 you WILL NOT go wrong. I can't speak for the Savage either as I've never had one. There's just something about the Savage, a line here and a curve there, that never appealed to me. Plus, the 700s work great so I've never had a reason to switch.

I will say my tikka t3 has the smoothest action I've ever felt. And it is very accurate. Also had a detachable magazine which is pretty nice.

I've had 700s also- good accuracy and a ton of accessories are available, but the fit and finish of the tikka is way better.

I'm a 700 guy. They are more universal and much easier to work with in my opinion.

Until it comes time to rebarrel and you have to send it to the gunsmith.

With the savage you can buy a pre threaded quality barrel and screw it together in your garage if you want to. That's one advantage of the savage that I like, I can cut out the gun plumber.

Until it comes time to rebarrel and you have to send it to the gunsmith.

With the savage you can buy a pre threaded quality barrel and screw it together in your garage if you want to. That's one advantage of the savage that I like, I can cut out the gun plumber.

That is true, but I might know a gunsmith or too, hehe

Back
Top Bottom