• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"Trade Value" no longer required?

A trade value or specific item is required. When a seller lists an item, he clicks for sale and/or trade and a box pops up with value "required".

You can politely ask the seller for a trade value and contact a :mod: if that does not go well.

I see it as a trade is trade, if you have a $500 gun but want his $375 gun an you trade an both are happy then why a trade value? Just depends on what people work out.

But if it goes the other way then they get pissy that you're throwing "junk" at them. That's their fault for not adding the value.

In the event that someone does not indicate any value this is the rules reminder that the mods send:
Rules Reminder - Value - All ads must have some sort of value reference, either a cash value or at least one item you would trade for.

I hope that helps clarify the situation.

It says trade value OR items looking for

That's how I read it ..

Further, I've gotting some fairly negative OR no responses at all when making a cash offer where no value has been posted ...

My take on the subject: If there are no rules, then "Fine", just stick with the rules or abolish them

Noticed that almost all new "FT" postings (Trade Only Postings) show no "Trade Value".
Is this part of a new set of rules?

The only requirement is they have some sort of value reference, whether it is a monetary value like $500 or just something they would trade for, just something to give a buyer/trader a starting point.

Back
Top Bottom