Trail Camera Problems

cadillaczack

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has ever had this bad of luck with cameras. I bought 3 new Moultrie Cams 2 years ago. I put them on my land, and after a month, all the displays went on them. You could not read the display to set the cameras. Just so happens they go just before the Rut last year. Really pisses me off, but at least they are under warranty. I send them back through the dealer, and 3 months later, they send me 3 new cameras. Of course, the season is over by then. I put the new ones back out, and 2 months later, all 3 of those displays go out. By now, I am really pissed. I take those back about 4 months ago, and they are still not back. In the mean time, I decide to buy one new Bushnell Cam ( the hand size one). The display goes out on that within a month. I now have to wait for that to come back from the dealer. Is there some sort of magnetic field on my land or something? Oh, and my neighbor said he bought a new digital camera a month ago, and the display just went on it. Does anybody know what the hell is going on?

Seems to happen to everybody who has owned a trail camera. I have one of those "Remington" cameras that everybody
else hated. I have heard horror stories about them as well as the Moultries. I still have the remington and it works great
but the moultrie was a disaster. Several other people have had great succes with Moultrie. It seems that trail cameras have
a very high percentage rate of "lemons"

Now I have the Bushnell Trophy cam and it is fantastic.

Do you have them placed where direct sun hits them for several hours? It sounds like they might be getting cooked.

I have a couple of the cheap ones from Wally work and they work great, save the money and just use them. Not as great a quailty picture as some but plenty good enough. Plus the money you sepdn on the others you can buy a couple of the Wally world specials.

Just wondering if anybody has ever had this bad of luck with cameras. I bought 3 new Moultrie Cams 2 years ago. I put them on my land, and after a month, all the displays went on them. You could not read the display to set the cameras. Just so happens they go just before the Rut last year. Really pisses me off, but at least they are under warranty. I send them back through the dealer, and 3 months later, they send me 3 new cameras. Of course, the season is over by then. I put the new ones back out, and 2 months later, all 3 of those displays go out. By now, I am really pissed. I take those back about 4 months ago, and they are still not back. In the mean time, I decide to buy one new Bushnell Cam ( the hand size one). The display goes out on that within a month. I now have to wait for that to come back from the dealer. Is there some sort of magnetic field on my land or something? Oh, and my neighbor said he bought a new digital camera a month ago, and the display just went on it. Does anybody know what the hell is going on?

ill tell u what ever Moultrie Cam is not worth a dime i would not take one for free but i have used the wildgame view and they do very well. we just got to new scout gaurds and so far they are good but dont ever buy a moultrie

I bought them because that is all the local guy sold at the time. I always try to keep my money local. And no, Tony, they are in the woods in deep cover. I am done with all things Moultrie though. The Trophy Cam is the one that just went out for me also. I will give them another try, but if it breaks, I am going to go nuts. This is messing up all of my pre-season scouting.

Back
Top Bottom