Transfer advice needed

patracy

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
55   0
Reaction score
So I'm about to purchase a M11A1. I'm an FFL01, but I do not have a SOT. The gun in question is privately owned by an individual on a form 4. They're a GA resident as well. I wanted to ask the masses what the quickest means would be to acquire it.

From what I've read, even if I get my SOT, I'll still have to pay the transfer stamp. I know SOT to SOT transfer approvals are "faster". But I assume that private to SOT would probably hit the normal que.

I can easily have a LEO sign off on the form 4. But I already have a NFA trust setup. Any advice on which way to go?

Lastly of all, this is for my personal collection. On the form 4, it lists the FFL. Should I enter that even though this is for me? Will it help processing time?

Oh and BTW, I've already placed myself on the waiting list for a Lage Max-31 upper...

Now that you've said it's for personal and not business use, it should transfer to you as an individual or trust, not your ffl.

If it were to be used for business purposes, I would transfer it to your ffl. It'll make the transfer faster. You won't need Cleo sign off either. Transfers to ffl's do go faster than to individuals.

You are correct that since the owner is not an sot, it would have to transfer on a tax paid form 4. But if you get your sot and the gun is in your ffl inventory, you can transfer it out to a buyer in another state for free on a form 3. Which makes it worth $200 more.

Back
Top Bottom