• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Trijicon HDs installed on XDM but the front sight looks slightly crooked. How to fix it?

emclean07

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
18   0
Reaction score
I sent my slide off to xd-HS2000 to have Trijicon HDs put on at the end of February. I still haven't been able to shoot it yet since I got it back. I had it out of the safe and was looking at it recently and it looks like the front sight is ever so slightly crooked. It's not that bad but just noticeable enough to drive me nuts. I asked a couple of other people and they also agree that it looks slightly crooked. Does anyone know how to fix that or know someone in Canton or Alpharetta who could take a look at? I don't really want to have to go through the hassle of sending it back to xd-HS2000. I couldn't get my phone to take a good enough picture to show it or else I would post one. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Well this probably isn't going to do much good. It is incredibly difficult to see it in a pic so I may just have to take it to someone so it can be looked at in person. This was the best shot I could get to show it without the front sight blurring. If you are looking at the front sight, it is slightly off center turning to the left. The best way to tell is looking at the orange circle on the front. The left part of the orange circle seems a little cut-off but on the right the orange circle is complete and you can see the black border of the sight. The little bit of black you can see is the camera starting to pick up the right side of the sight because of it slightly turning in. I originally thought the orange paint was just put on crooked but after closer examination it was even. Apologies if this is the worst explanation ever and if I sound like a crazy person trying to explain something that isn't there. I don't know how else to explain it without you looking at it. Thank you again for the help.

XDM front sight.jpg

Last edited:
I can't really tell by the picture if it is crooked. I can't see any of the rear part of the sight blade creeping into the photo. If it is truly crooked I'm not sure what can be done about it, those sights are exceptionally tight and if it is crooked it would lead me to believe believe one of two things. Either the dovetail is slightly crooked or the sight itself is.

Thank you for at least looking though. I tried taking a pick up close of just the front sight but i couldn't get my phone to focus correctly and it just blurred and became unrecognizable. I knew it'd be a long shot but worth a shot anyways. Do you know a good shop I could take it to in canton or Alpharetta?

Back
Top Bottom