voting machine errors?

I wonder if you write in your choice will be changed as well?
Gary Johnson will be a vote for Gary Johnson
A vote for Romney will be a vote for Obama
A vote for Obama will be a vote for Obama
Gary Johnson doesn't stand a chance, but I'll be damned if I'll let my vote go for Obama or any other candidate that I don't support.

I am a computer geek and a network guy. As long as the software on voting machines is proprietary and not Open Source, this is going to happen. If programmers cannot look at how the voting machine is configured at the local level, there is a much better chance of voting machine fraud than there would be if the machine were running some version of Linux, open-source software. I truly think we would have less voter fraud on election day if we were still hand counting the ballots, less hanging chads of course :)

I am a computer geek and a network guy. As long as the software on voting machines is proprietary and not Open Source, this is going to happen. If programmers cannot look at how the voting machine is configured at the local level, there is a much better chance of voting machine fraud than there would be if the machine were running some version of Linux, open-source software. I truly think we would have less voter fraud on election day if we were still hand counting the ballots, less hanging chads of course :)

That is crazy to me that code can't be reviewed by another party for voting machines. I'm a fan of open-source anyway, but for voting machines it should be required!

Back
Top Bottom