What happened to the SW Model 69?

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Had one and loved it, had to get rid of it to pay some bills a while ago. Seemed like they were everywhere then. Haven't seen one in months though. Are they discontinued?

I will give my opinion here, but it is only my opinion. I have read, although nothing official, that it was designed to give hunters, and others who carry a .44, a lighter option, but still with at least a 4” barrel. Being an L frame and having a five round cylinder, it is lighter than the N frame, M629 .44 with a six round cylinder. While not a particular popular option around here, it is a highly valued carry piece in other parts of the country. I have yet to read a review on the M69 that did not mention that it was a very accurate and well built model. The M69 is being produced by S&W although not in huge numbers. The M69 continues to be shown on the S&W site and is in the 2015 Product Catalog.

There are not huge numbers of used M69s showing up for sale. That may be due to the lower production numbers, or those that have purchased them are keeping them, or the fact that is was introduced in 2014. I don’t know. I have not shot one, and only handled one at a gun show. Those that have them or had them, like you, really seem to like them.

I will give my opinion here, but it is only my opinion. I have read, although nothing official, that it was designed to give hunters, and others who carry a .44, a lighter option, but still with at least a 4” barrel. Being an L frame and having a five round cylinder, it is lighter than the N frame, M629 .44 with a six round cylinder. While not a particular popular option around here, it is a highly valued carry piece in other parts of the country. I have yet to read a review on the M69 that did not mention that it was a very accurate and well built model. The M69 is being produced by S&W although not in huge numbers. The M69 continues to be shown on the S&W site and is in the 2015 Product Catalog.

There are not huge numbers of used M69s showing up for sale. That may be due to the lower production numbers, or those that have purchased them are keeping them, or the fact that is was introduced in 2014. I don’t know. I have not shot one, and only handled one at a gun show. Those that have them or had them, like you, really seem to like them.

Thanks jwc! Yeah I loved mine, it was very accurate and fun to shoot. Was hoping to find a a store that had one and layaway it but no luck so far. Sure do miss it.

Back
Top Bottom