which came first

Not really an issue of which came first, but more of country of origin.

Russian and Yugoslavian have the blade, Chinese has the spike.

Somebody will correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that early Russian SKS rifles had the spike, which was replaced in later production with the blade. Likewise, some early Type 56 SKS rifles will sport a factory blade bayonet as opposed to the spike more commonly found on the Chi-Coms.

Somebody will correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that early Russian SKS rifles had the spike, which was replaced in later production with the blade. Likewise, some early Type 56 SKS rifles will sport a factory blade bayonet as opposed to the spike more commonly found on the Chi-Coms.

x2. This is my understanding as well.

Are you trying to identify an SKS by the bayonet? or find a "correct" bayonet for an SKS you have?

This is correct. The first production year was 1949 and it had a spike bayonet. They changed to a blade in 1950 and blades remained until production ended. The Chinese purchased an SKS factory (literally) and started building SKSs from mainly Russian parts in 1956. The first runs had mostly Russian parts, blade bayonets. The Chinese continued building and used the Russian parts until all were gone and they were producing their own. These are referred to Sino-Soviet SKSs.
The Chinese, when out of the Russian blades changed to spikes and let them run from there.

Waayyy back in them thar olden days they had the blade bayonet, then the evil communist party came along and they created the ever deadly star bayonet, it's designed to cause massive internal bleeding without loosing blood externally or showing the wound area, medics have a hard time knowing you'd been stabbed with one, they were banned for use by NATO forces.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom