• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Words Words Words, That That That Get Get Get Repeated Repeated Repeated ???

Chuckdog

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
11   0
Reaction score
I noticed that many of our post seem to get a little wordy? Many times words get repeated in a post. They don't show when typing, but many times I go back and read my post and and there's two words when I only typed one. If you go back and edit your post removing one, they both go away. I have discovered that adding an additional space between the doubles will make the clone, (or is it the original?) disappear. I was questioning my proofing until I started experimenting with it. I saw where someone else had doubles this A M, and was curious if anyone knows why this happens? I've not noticed this on other forums running basically the same app as this one, any ideas?

Ummm...I find I can usually get rid of doubles with a little "hair of the dog".

Just teasin, I really have never noticed this. When I go back and read my posts I just spend 5 minutes correcting spelling errors.

I don't think the browser has an affect on it. It happens using explorer 7 8 or 9. I have Chrome installed on a couple at my office, and I've it had happen more than once when posting their. Basically the same apps at 1911, 6.8, GON ect, and I've not noticed it happening at those forums. Could be that I just haven't notice it though. It seems to happen with words at the end of a line. The last word on the previous line will be the first one on the next line. It seems to be related to the screen size it's appearing in. If I open the link in a new tab, or if I just browse to it, the word "new" appears twice. It's the last word in the first line, and it appears again as the first word in the second line. If I open it in a pop up it doesn't appear twice unless I "restore up" to a full page. It's definitely related to displayed size. Maybe the fit the screen/page ain't filtering just right. It ain't a big deal. It was just making me question my sanity and sobriety more often than normal.
I just noticed another, post #15 in the second link has double Karma Karma in it.

I restarted the browser and using "Compatibility View" running IE 9 and it took care of it on both examples. Maybe that will take of the "doubling" I doubt it'll do anything for my sanity?

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/showthread.php?41726-RELOADERS....Media-Polish&p=216105#post216105

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/showthread.php?42723-What-would-you-do&p=216477&posted=1#post216477

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom