• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

WTB 45-70 Brass

OK , I thought I had a stash of 45-70 hulls. To my dismay they were Marlin 444. I have zero 45-70. :mad: I scoured my usual sources and coming up empty. Or too expensive (New) I'm trying to get a supply loaded before my trip to Whittington Center. Anybody have empties I can trade 308, 300 BO(Trimmed 223), a few 338 Lapua. I can resort to the new trading standard. Yes I'm talking 22lr. I have most brands and with 5 Grandkids I have a lot. I will trade 22lr for 45-70 unprocessed at 100 to 500 brick of 22lr. C'mon guys I have to get cranking out 45-70

Thanks for the leads. Funny I mentioned that 45-70 brass was a bit hard to find (once fired) to my neighbor. He came over with a 49 rounds once fired and wouldnt take a dime. He doesnt own a 45-70 and cant recall how he came across them. I have to take him to the range as a thank you....:D Still looking though 49 cases wont keep me in a good supply. I did find new Hornady but they are trimmed short and 80 cents a case

What are shooting them in? Hornady cases no es bueno for trapdoors since I believe that the case mouth expansion is what seals the action (sort of) and prevents excessive gas from traveling rearwards.

Last edited:
I have some fired cases that are in good shape. I load 20 grains of SR4759 for a 405 grain lubed lead bullet for my trapdoors. Generates about 1070 fps at 460 feet above sea level. The cases haven't been used with high pressure load. When do you need them? I could mail some Saturday (I'm in JAX now).

I have some fired cases that are in good shape. I load 20 grains of SR4759 for a 405 grain lubed lead bullet for my trapdoors. Generates about 1070 fps at 460 feet above sea level. The cases haven't been used with high pressure load. When do you need them? I could mail some Saturday (I'm in JAX now).

PM sent

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom