• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

XDM 3.8" Compact 45

Al Capone

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
I just picked up this SA XDM 3.8" compact 45acp today. I have been in the market for a nice carry piece in 45 and came across this a couple days ago. I picked it up and knew I had to have this. It feels amazing in the hands. Great ergonomics, 3 dot sights are nice and trigger pull was pretty good. This is the first springfield that I have ever bought. I have shot a friends xd in 9mm before and thought it was ok, not as good of a shooter as the G19 that I was use to shooting. Took it to the range today and ran 100 flawless rounds though and it shoots awesome!!! I was shooting reg wwb and the recoil wasnt no where what I thought it was gonna be, especially with the 9 round mag that sits flush with bottom of grip(you can almost get a full grip with the 9 rounder). Pop in the 13 rounder with the sleeve thingy and this thing shoots wonderful. XDM package comes with 3 backstaps, 2 mags(9 rounder and 13 rounder), 3 mag sleeves for the mag to match up with the backstraps, mag loader, dual mag holder and holster. My only complaint is that the magazine loader kinda sucks, it doesnt seem to line up that great and you have to manipulate it a bit to load rounds fast. Gonna be looking to get some night sights soon and some extra mags :). All in all Im very happy with this purchase and this will not be my last SA XDM purchase. BTW I drove up to Forsyth County Pawn and got this. Very good price and the people that work there are very nice and very helpful. I will also be buying from this again. Thanks for looking.
004.JPG006.JPG005.JPG.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    282.1 KB · Views: 102
I am very jealous right now. I love my springfields, I have had an XDm in every caliber and size and last week was the first time I was able to fondle the .45 XDm 3.8 at the gun show. This is the next on my list to try out, I have been waiting for them to come out with a subcompact sized .45 for a while.

Whatever mojo Springfield puts in the XD and XDm is something special. Just bought my second XD yesterday. Loved my .45 so much I got it a 9 mm friend!

Back
Top Bottom