• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

yugo sks help

bking600

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
17   0
Reaction score
i need a little help...i have a 59/66 yugo sks and it will not cycle correctly, i replaced the gas valve with a ss heat treated valve from cncwarrior.com. the valve is is down and to the right where the gas will go into the gas tube. sometimes it will cycle but 99% of the time it will only move the bolt back about an inch if it even pushes it all....any help is greatly appreciated

sounds like your spring and piston inside the receiver is having issues (under your rear sight, behind the gas piston and tube). Maybe clogged, maybe rusted. If that doesn't open correctly, the gas can't cycle the bolt properly. The only other trouble area (assuming there are no mechanical fit issues in your receiver and no cosmoline issues) is the recoil spring bent or installed backwards.

ok thanks i will check all of those things...i know the recoil spring is in correctly but the gas piston extension may be getting hung up some how...thank you for your help

Many times the inside of the gas tube will be rusted/pitted due to the previous use of corrosive ammo. Clean out the gas tube really well and make sure the pistol moves freely in and out. There could be burrs on the piston.

Does your Yugo have the grenade launcher?
If you have raised the grenade launcher sight, it blocks the gas tube so it cycles manually. The gas blocker might not be in the correct position.

Back
Top Bottom