• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10-22 Hunt

Hmm, apparently my pics of that young 8pt didn't load. If I would have a couple more seconds to get my scope settled and pull the trigger a few minutes ago, I'd be posting up pics of a really big buck on the ground soon. But I spotted him too late and like an idiot didn't double check that I had a grunt call in the truck before I left home so had no way to lure him back.

I may have used up most, if not all, of my luck on the way down here. Dark car wrecked on 285 in left lane, turned sideways with no lights on, around 4:25am. I had to yank the truck into left median to avoid it. Fortunate that there was enough space at that spot and that I was also able to keep the truck off the concrete dividing wall at the same time. Shook me up a bit thinking about possibilities if I couldn't have avoided that car in time

Last small buck that came by right before the big one. Ain't seen nothing but falling pinecones for the last half hour.

Attachments

• PXL_20221022_124849560.jpg
    PXL_20221022_124849560.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20221022_124838903.jpg
    PXL_20221022_124838903.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 49
Hmm, apparently my pics of that young 8pt didn't load. If I would have a couple more seconds to get my scope settled and pull the trigger a few minutes ago, I'd be posting up pics of a really big buck on the ground soon. But I spotted him too late and like an idiot didn't double check that I had a grunt call in the truck before I left home so had no way to lure him back.

I may have used up most, if not all, of my luck on the way down here. Dark car wrecked on 285 in left lane, turned sideways with no lights on, around 4:25am. I had to yank the truck into left median to avoid it. Fortunate that there was enough space at that spot and that I was also able to keep the truck off the concrete dividing wall at the same time. Shook me up a bit thinking about possibilities if I couldn't have avoided that car in time
Damn that is a close call! Good thing your still here

Seen a little forky earring around an oak to my left for an hour or so. Then a 2 1/2-3 year old 8 point chasing a couple does from the bedding area. Couldn’t get a shot on the 8 but hoping he comes back around

Back
Top Bottom