• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10-22 Hunt

1c08555d4bedc74b79077d100d105813.jpg

He’s a 8pt but he a little on the chunky side. Tending two doe this morning.

Riding back to the house my golf cart quit pulling half way up a hill and I started smelling burning plastic, I guess a loose connection caused this. My hunting buggy is down for a few days. Glad I brought my deer cart down here this weekend.
20221022_104835.jpg

At 9:45 saw a buck unknown point but a decent yellow beam followed by two does. Yeah shook my head on that one. 15 minutes later saw probably an 8 pt. None really gave me any of a shot but good to know they are there.

Sitting on ground on the side of a saddle overlooking a small creek bottom, i had just finished my morning devotional and was enjoying the sit. Coyote #1 came from the back of the bottom area and gave me a 35 yard broadside shot, DRT! I sat my rifle in my lap, and within 10-15 seconds, Coyote #2 came over hill to my left and caught another gear, never could get a bead on him. Coyote #3 came from back of bottomland where Coyote #1 came from, approximately 60 seconds after Coyote #2 caught some yonder. Coyote #3 had her nose to the ground and was about 10 yards behind where Coyote #1 was laying. She stopped broadside and the 7mm-08 dropped her on the spot. 2 out of 3 ain't bad :) Coyote #1 on bottom in pic was male, Coyote #3 on top was a female. Still thanking the Lord for the blessings this morning! Good luck to all yall still out after it.

20221022_101222.jpg

Back
Top Bottom