• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

1766 Charleville touch hole liner help

cwalk13

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
Reaction score
I bought a 1766 charleville and don’t know much about flintlocks yet. I’m wondering if anyone could tell me which touch hole liner to get for it and what size?

Track of the Wolf will have a direct fit if your weapon is a reproduction, just have to match up manufacturers. If it’s an original, you’ll need to scope it to make sure the breach plug leaves enough room for one to be installed and you’ll need to try and estimate the barrel wall thickness. The guy at Deer Creek gun store in Kennesaw can help you

PS….congrats man, I’m a little jealous :thumb:

Track of the Wolf will have a direct fit if your weapon is a reproduction, just have to match up manufacturers. If it’s an original, you’ll need to scope it to make sure the breach plug leaves enough room for one to be installed and you’ll need to try and estimate the barrel wall thickness. The guy at Deer Creek gun store in Kennesaw can help you

Spot on brother.

In

Thanks man! I work near Kennesaw and I’ll check it out.

You don't need a touch hole liner on a musket unless and until your touch hole is burned out. just drill a 5/64 - 1/8 hole centered on the top of the pan.

Back
Top Bottom