• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

2014 Dodge Charger....Tough as ****!

NWSharpshooter

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
563   0
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying yeah yeah I know I made that comment about being in a car accident and karma and all that jazz last week. Yeah, yeah, I know, you told me so.

Anyway, this morning I picked up a rental car for work. I picked up a 2014 Dodge Charger. At about 830 tonight I wrecked it. I was hit by a 2002 mustang that was doing around 30 MPH while I was going around 10 down a residential street.

The 2002 Mustang was totaled. Airbags deployed, radiator blew, and frame bent shifting the front axle about a foot to the right.

[Broken External Image]:

When the guy hit me I thought he tore the front end off the charger. To my surprise damage to the charger was minimal.

[Broken External Image]:

Broke the headlight, tore the bumper, scratched the passenger side of the car all to hell, bent the fender and poked a hole in the windshield washer reservoir.

The mustang was towed away. I drove the charger home. Besides the broken headlight I can't even tell the car was hit from the inside.

Wish I could get some daylight pictures of the mustang. I'll take some of the charger in the morning before I swap it out with the rental car company.

I would be willing to bet that the Charger's repair bill will be as high as the Ford's. That Mustang was a $2000 car max. The Charger as over $2000 in damage! Collision work, and paint supplies have gone throughout the roof! Just FYI!

I would be willing to bet that the Charger's repair bill will be as high as the Ford's. That Mustang was a $2000 car max. The Charger as over $2000 in damage! Collision work, and paint supplies have gone throughout the roof! Just FYI!
Thank goodness I don't have to pay any of that. Rule 1 for getting into an accident. Do it in someone else's car. Rule 2. Hit something cheap. Rule 3. Don't hurt anyone. I think I'm good. :thumb:

All of them today are made of plastic and foam. But mostly they are made to crumple up like a piece of paper. I had an 89 suburban, Toyotas and Hondas would bounce off that thing like a super ball and look like three people died, my truck? A scratch or possibly a small dent.... Loved that thing. Got hit in it 3 times before I ever had to replace the bumper!

I have a '12 Charger RT and the car does feel very solid. Good to know it's tough should I ever get into an accident. You have to have the RT to get the true experience, or better yet the SRT!

Back
Top Bottom