• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

22lr conversion kit

JTP2

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
13   0
Reaction score
I have a 22 lr conversion kit it actually looks like a bolt carrier group with what appears to be a 5.56 shell casing permanently affixed to the bolt face. It has good bit of surface rust nothing that a little CLP and stiff nylon brush shouldn't be able to handle but it's called a Atchisson Mark II M/16 AR/15 conversion device. There is no 22 magazine with it. I was wondering if anybody knows anything about this and if it's worth anything. I don't shoot 22lr through my AR but I would be willing to trade this for some 22lr if it's worth anything.

I can get some up let me try to clean this thing up first I'd be embarrassed to put it up under my name in this condition it's been in a barn for years it may be to far gone to worry about but I'll check it out and get back to you.

I can get some up let me try to clean this thing up first I'd be embarrassed to put it up under my name in this condition it's been in a barn for years it may be to far gone to worry about but I'll check it out and get back to you.

Even if it is in total **** condition, i would still be interested if the price is right. I dont mind projects.

After looking it up, It will work for my application.

It is worth something. Several companies have come along and improved upon the design. Atchisson was one of the first, if not the first to have a 22lr conversion for the AR.

It is worth something. Several companies have come along and improved upon the design. Atchisson was one of the first, if not the first to have a 22lr conversion for the AR.
Thank you always good to know there are very knowledgable folks on here. I have not yet posted a question on here that someone has not been able to answer. Thanks again. I would venture to say this was purchased maybe late 70's early 80's but that just a swag (scientific wild a$$ guess).

No problem, happy to help. In fact, in looking it up, I came upon an interesting fact courtesy of user MTC over at Mauser Central:

...When first introduced in 1973 these conversions cost a princely $79.95 or about 1/3 the retail price of an AR-15 rifle...

Those must have been the days. :p

Thank you always good to know there are very knowledgable folks on here. I have not yet posted a question on here that someone has not been able to answer. Thanks again. I would venture to say this was purchased maybe late 70's early 80's but that just a swag (scientific wild a$$ guess).

From doing some quick reading, that seems to be when they were made. Then somewhere around '90 JAC bought them, then Ceiner changed the design just a bit, and is pretty much the standard now.

Back
Top Bottom