A SBR AK to play with…--PICS UPDATED

shaneadams90

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
73   0
Reaction score
Meet "Natasha"

Built by James Christian from Christian Armory Works…with a Manticore Folding Stock and 4pc Booster.

This thing is a JOY to shoot and not ear splitting….I am SUPER IMPRESSED with how well that booster works!

I have a new Favorite!

AND DON"T HAMMER ON ME TOO HARD ON THE MULTICAM SLING…it was all I had when I went to the range today...

photo.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

Last edited:
What exactly is the "Booster"?

The Booster directs all muzzle blast forward&#8230;.when this gun is shot is SOUNDS different AND RECOILS differently. James Christian built this gun for me and he has a similar one that has a Brake on it and it is PAINFUL to shoot, not to mention the HUGE fireball that emits from the barrel after every shot.

This gun has virtually no muzzle blast and is MUCH more enjoyable to shoot&#8230;.the Fireball LOOKS AWESOME but between it and the ear splitting crack, I much prefer the booster over the brake&#8230;

It also helps prevent short stroking the piston due to chopping the barrel down&#8230;.plus it looks bada$$!!

just found this..Pretty good summary:

I have read that the booster restricts the exiting gas, which increases thrust on the gas piston. It's supposed to help any issues of short stroking.
Which could be necessary when you're just chopping the barrel off an AK, but I've read that these PAPs have the correct gas system/barrel combo so a booster isn't needed.

The booster was intended to ensure reliability when the weapon became fouled to the point that it would start getting sluggish. The booster would allow it to run just that much longer without a cleaning. Any purpose build AKSU variant will run without a booster when clean and maintained.

And as discussed before was designed for a AK-74u and was only copied by the Serbs not needed.

The booster is to ensure the functioning envelope is large enough for cold and/or fouling. It is a good design move when you have a very short distance between the gas port and the muzzle face, and thus a very short dwell time for the gas impulse to operate the piston and carrier. It also gives some flash hiding capability.

Not everyone is an American playing with a gun on the one way range. Although almost all M92's run without the booster, the muzzle booster is additional insurance that there is enough back pressure to keep the gun cycling during adverse conditions.

Another solution would simply have been to extend the barrel 1.5" to 2" to give more dwell time.

Back
Top Bottom