Academy trip this morning......

Nick_T

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
Got there at 0745 to see if I could score some .22 ammo to squirrel hunt with this weekend. Already 6 guys in front of me. I just couldn't help but laugh. 5 more showed up behind me. Ended up scoring a pair of 100 round sticks of mini-mags. Worth the 15min wait, all were super nice older guys on the same quest, and seemed to be seasoned pro's at the game. So the kid and I are back in the game for a couple of weekends, guess this is how it has to be done now. They still have a decent amount left if interested, Academy in WR, sticks are $7.50 each, limit of 2.

Nick T

I have given up with cheap 22 ammo. Moving on to more widely avail cartridges. Saving what 22 I have for when my son gets old enough to play with daddy's toys

Not many alternatives for squirrel hunters. Can step up to a .17 but then any fun shooting would be even more expensive, or air rifles which a good one would cost as much or more than a new 17. Shotguns for squirrels just takes the fun out of it to me.

Nick T

Not many alternatives for squirrel hunters. Can step up to a .17 but then any fun shooting would be even more expensive, or air rifles which a good one would cost as much or more than a new 17. Shotguns for squirrels just takes the fun out of it to me.

Nick T

Haha just use a 50BMG man!

Got a sweet Gamo in .22 cal pellet gun. I can get 500 rounds for $6 and it included a scope and built in silencer, I shoot it off my deck and my neighbors right next to me don't even know. Once you compare the cost of ammo to initial purchase price it was a no brainer.

WM on Memorial (in Atlanta) had a case full of Winchester 22....no limit. I bought 3. If anyone needs some for squirrel season check them out or shoot me a pm.

Back
Top Bottom