Advice on selling wood needed.

They will leave a HUGE mess
All the limbs. Stumps Ruts. Etc

Not worth it unless they pay a lot. Or promise in writing to remove brush and limbs when they are done

If you can catch someone cutting close by they may sneak over and cut but it's going to be really hard to find someone to come in on 14ac. Call the forestry unit in Henry Co and get the forestry for that county come out and look to see if he thinks there's enough high end lumber in there to entice someone to come in. That'll cost you nothing.

Nick T

I am a Georgia registered forester with 25+ years experience, but not in it anymore. Will answer any questions and give you my thoughts if you like. One of the counties I worked was Henry. Much of the above comments are true.

678-457-9806

If you are only want to clear a small portion of 14 acres to build and/or select cut the rest, I can't imagine a timber company paying you for the timber but who knows. You'd probably be better off doing it yourself. You'd get it done right and EXACTLY the way you want it done with the trees standing that you want standing and the ones gone you want gone. (and all the firewood you could ever use).

14115799910280.jpg14115800928481.jpg13990445555101.jpg

Me too..

This. Ask me how I know.

Since your main objective is to clear for a house, do not cut the trees.
It'll take more money in tractor time to get up stumps than to push over the whole tree. I feel sure that you will want the stumps gone.
Grinding a stump is a temporary fix to a high spot, that will become a low spot.

As stated before. Most timber companies would pass, due to the expense in moving on the property, unless it was loaded with some serious timber.

Find a reputable grading company, with track loaders and dozers. They will even put the logs to the side if you'd like for them to.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom