• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Am I just crazy?

dave5182

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
Old and In the Way
429   0
Reaction score
I bought a set of $70 rosewood s&w grips for my 686 from Midway USA, when they arrived there was no grip screw!! I called midway customer no service and after 26 min wait was told they don't come with a screw, when did this start? The guy (Don) said the idea is to use the screw that came out of the grips I am replacing, the grips are Hogue monogrips , not even same screw. I just assumed the damn grips came with a damn screw!! Like buying a pair of shoes with no laces. Am I just expecting too much!!? BTW, I am sending these back to midway for full refund, no more business for these clowns.

Grips never come with screws. That's why they sell screws separately. And MidwayUSA has some of the BEST customer service in the firearms industry. Have bought from them for years and the few times I've had issues with anything they happily refunded or exchanged.

If "those clowns" are going to lose your business over missing grip screws, good luck doing business with any company. Screws are almost always sold separately.

Again guys , I stand corrected, was not aware that the screws were separate, and midway is a good company , have ordered a lot over the years. I was just miffed and showing my ass that's all . I have learned something today, thanks guys.

You should be able to get the screw rather easily. I recently bought a set of Houge wrap-around grips for my Sig p238 and i just reused the 4 screws that were already there holding the 2 grip panels in place.

I have spent thousands at Midway. For the most part, they've been fantastic. At one point, they started this UPS/USPS joint venture to deliver your order, and my orders started sitting at the wrong post office for over a week. This last order? On my porch in 3 days...I guess they stopped that USPS part of the delivery, or they got the USPS straightened out. My point is, they are a great company, and I will continue to do business with them. Good on OP for admitting his misconception, sometimes that's pretty hard to do.;)

Just want to apologize to all the ODT members and put this to rest. I was totally 100% wrong , Larry Potterfield and midway have done more for us shooters than we will ever know and it was wrong for me to react in this manner. Please accept my apology, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom