• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any pipe smokers here? Just started

When I was younger under 10 I say my mother didn't want me to the fact my dad smoke cigarettes so he smoked a pipe instead. I used to love the smell of that tobacco pipe. It had such a peculiar smell to it it wasn't offensive like cigarettes or cigars had a real sweet smell to it. I can't remember what tobacco it was but it was just something that you could grab anywhere but the scent was just very comforting to me I don't know why.
Funny you mention that. I always found my grandfather’s tobacco scent comforting for me too. My step father smoked the same brand as my grandfather. I believe they both smoked the Round Taste type because I seem to remember it being in a light blue package.

13D6A0FD-54E8-4A7C-9D49-5DE7C1FCE8B8.jpeg

Used to smoke a pipe. When I as in Istanbul Turkey, I picked up a beautiful mersham. Was a cool smooth pipe. Still got it somewhere but never smoke it.

Remember the Tinder Box stores in malls? I started at 16 with my dad's pipes and used Captain Black from the grocery store. My uncle smoked Middleton Cherry, and we looked forward to his visits. A WW2 vet, he passed away in 2013; I smoke a pipe of Middleton Cherry on the anniversary of his passing every year.

I have a bunch of sealed tins of McClelland Frog Morton I'd be willing to make a deal on if somebody was interested.

Back
Top Bottom