Anyone ever have any luck getting money back from a contractor?

My input, just because you paid him for the first job and was satisfied you may want to check your home for any liens. Any supplier that delivered your materials put your address on the invoice so in case he didn't pay they had/have you to fall back on for funds. Many homeowners don't realize this can happen to them. Hopefully this is not the case for your sake.

My input, just because you paid him for the first job and was satisfied you may want to check your home for any liens. Any supplier that delivered your materials put your address on the invoice so in case he didn't pay they had/have you to fall back on for funds. Many homeowners don't realize this can happen to them. Hopefully this is not the case for your sake.
That would be rich. Taking a deposit, not doing anything then filing a lien. That's justifiable homicide.

Thats the intent of an LLC is the liability. The proof would have to be that their intent was to take the deposit and not do anything. Thats the problem with small contracting companies and why the first question should always be how long have you been in business.

Even that doesn't guarantee you won't get screwed. Weedman in Brunswick screwed up my sod job and my yard and that guy had been in the business 30yrs. A few well placed negative reviews on a few popular websites got me most of my money back but not all.

That would be rich. Taking a deposit, not doing anything then filing a lien. That's justifiable homicide.
No, you're misunderstanding what was meant...... not the contractor filing a lien........the supplier/seller of the material the work was done with files a lien for any unpaid dollars to them against the homeowners property, you get the honor of paying twice.

No, you're misunderstanding what was meant...... not the contractor filing a lien........the supplier/seller of the material the work was done with files a lien for any unpaid dollars to them against the homeowners property, you get the honor of paying twice.
If the materials were never delivered, you're telling me the dumbass supplier that gave credit to the bankrupt, dirtbag "contractor" can file a lien against the homeowner's property?

That was my point. The OP said the dirtbag didn't do shyte except take his deposit.

This is correct. This loser never had any materials delivered and never did the job. He is still full of the same excuses he used before. After sending him a FB message reminding him anything over $500 in GA is a felony charge he then responded this morning:

Hey jack I'm sorry I havent been in touch but I dont have a phone at the moment. I'm currently down with my truck down and everything else. I realize what I owe and I am going to pay my debt and that I promise. I'm very sorry the businesses I had both crashed at the same time and then the corona **** hit and its been so hard to just eat let alone survive. I'll be getting a phone either today or tomorrow and I'll message my number. But rest assured I will fix this and that I promise

Same bull**** excuses over and over. The Sheriff can go talk to him and he can tell it to the judge.

Back
Top Bottom