• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone ever have any luck getting money back from a contractor?

This is correct. This loser never had any materials delivered and never did the job. He is still full of the same excuses he used before. After sending him a FB message reminding him anything over $500 in GA is a felony charge he then responded this morning:

Hey jack I'm sorry I havent been in touch but I dont have a phone at the moment. I'm currently down with my truck down and everything else. I realize what I owe and I am going to pay my debt and that I promise. I'm very sorry the businesses I had both crashed at the same time and then the corona **** hit and its been so hard to just eat let alone survive. I'll be getting a phone either today or tomorrow and I'll message my number. But rest assured I will fix this and that I promise

Same bull**** excuses over and over. The Sheriff can go talk to him and he can tell it to the judge.
He's the only honest landscaper in the country that wasn't milking the Federal unemployment subsidy AND working at the same time. Right. Gotcha.

I thought I had read where you said he posted on Facebook where he had did another job and was so happy to have made a friend out of you ?? That's the job I'm referring to, as maybe he didn't pay for materials ?? Anyway good luck to you, I always thought I was a good reader but now I'm confused about what I've read so I'll bow out now :becky:.

I thought I had read where you said he posted on Facebook where he had did another job and was so happy to have made a friend out of you ?? That's the job I'm referring to, as maybe he didn't pay for materials ?? Anyway good luck to you, I always thought I was a good reader but now I'm confused about what I've read so I'll bow out now :becky:.

I did a lien search previously and will verify again with the County but I found nothing for me. I did find where someone had placed a Mechanics Lien against him though.

I contacted my local DA office and they pointed me to the Sheriffs office. A deputy came out and I have to fill out a report so he can come back this weekend and pick it up. From there it is assigned to an investigator. The deputy says it will fall under either "theft by taking" or "theft by deception". Hopefully they will lock him up for Christmas.

It's not either on of those,

it's Theft by Conversion, classic case,
Georgia Law O.C.G.A. §16-84(a)

What is not a defense to the charge -
I did not commit theft by conversion; I just broke a contract: Although you may have broken contract, a showing that you had fraudulent intent distinguishes theft by conversion from breach of contract.

My input, just because you paid him for the first job and was satisfied you may want to check your home for any liens. Any supplier that delivered your materials put your address on the invoice so in case he didn't pay they had/have you to fall back on for funds. Many homeowners don't realize this can happen to them. Hopefully this is not the case for your sake.

Lien has to be foreclosed upon (sued) within 12 mos. of filing, or it is dissolved.

It's not either on of those,

it's Theft by Conversion, classic case,
Georgia Law O.C.G.A. §16-84(a)

What is not a defense to the charge -
I did not commit theft by conversion; I just broke a contract: Although you may have broken contract, a showing that you had fraudulent intent distinguishes theft by conversion from breach of contract.

We shall see what they charge him with and swear out a warrant for.

Back
Top Bottom