• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone ride a dual sport/super moto?

You have now. This is why my new bike doesn't wheelie. Had to sell the last one because i was starting to get really good at my wheelies on it.

View attachment 704472
Lol wont wheelie he says.....
www.motorcycle_usa.com_wp_content_uploads_2016_02_17_victory_ob55ddde0206fad74cd187f21e16bb6cd.jpg

At one time just a few years ago I had 3 Suzuki V-Stroms.... one ABS & two standard.
LOVED those bikes. But a friend has a Buell Ulysses that would pull away on long straights so, after much research narrowed it down to the Ducati Supermoto & the KTM Super Duke.
Wound up going w/ the SuperDuke for a few reasons... distance for maintenance being on of them.

Kept it a few years & put around 9000 miles on it I believe.
The V-Stroms on the otherhand I put over 60k miles on. For my needs, best all around bike I ever had.

The Super Duke wasn't "happy" going slow or being in the saddle for more than 4 hrs. but many days I would be on a bike for 8 hrs. plus so I wound up letting it go.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...&thid=OIP.M62b931dc7521df2a0a84867005add7e5H0

I rode my buddy's 400sm for about an hour last night. I'm not sure if it's for me. It was a lot of fun and everything popping curbs but idk. I got on the highway for like 3 miles and hated it. I think, for now at least, I would consider it as a second bike for running around and running from the cops but,
I don't think I could have it as my only bike.
Glad you vame to that conclusion. Pretty much what most here were trying to say. Fun bike around town, but not the best only bike.

At one time just a few years ago I had 3 Suzuki V-Stroms.... one ABS & two standard.
LOVED those bikes. But a friend has a Buell Ulysses that would pull away on long straights so, after much research narrowed it down to the Ducati Supermoto & the KTM Super Duke.
Wound up going w/ the SuperDuke for a few reasons... distance for maintenance being on of them.

Kept it a few years & put around 9000 miles on it I believe.
The V-Stroms on the otherhand I put over 60k miles on. For my needs, best all around bike I ever had.

The Super Duke wasn't "happy" going slow or being in the saddle for more than 4 hrs. but many days I would be on a bike for 8 hrs. plus so I wound up letting it go.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...&thid=OIP.M62b931dc7521df2a0a84867005add7e5H0
Those are bad ass. More of a street fighter though. And for the price I'd probably rather buy a FZ09. I know it's really apples and oranges but I would never be able to push super duke to anything close to its limits. Very bad ass none the less

Those are bad ass. More of a street fighter though. And for the price I'd probably rather buy a FZ09. I know it's really apples and oranges but I would never be able to push super duke to anything close to its limits. Very bad ass none the less
Fz09s are getting great reviews. May i also suggest the gsx s1000. Gsxr motor in a naked body.
VZM.IMG_20160225_181336.jpg

That was the problem... it really liked going fast. the torque band was pretty wide so it was very responsive. And the acceleration was quick. The guy who bought it was an Instructor at the Porsche driving school down in Atlanta.

But the V-Stroms were (& I believe are) great for a lot of things.
Lots of good options out there now I believe.

That was the problem... it really liked going fast. the torque band was pretty wide so it was very responsive. And the acceleration was quick. The guy who bought it was an Instructor at the Porsche driving school down in Atlanta.

But the V-Stroms were (& I believe are) great for a lot of things.
Lots of good options out there now I believe.
I mean I'm probably just going to keep the SV. If I sold it I probably wouldn't get much more than $3500 so why bother? I'd be hard pressed to get that much out of something else in that price range. Just need to sell a bunch of knives this year and maybe a DRZ can happen down the road.
image.jpeg

I mean I'm probably just going to keep the SV. If I sold it I probably wouldn't get much more than $3500 so why bother? I'd be hard pressed to get that much out of something else in that price range. Just need to sell a bunch of knives this year and maybe a DRZ can happen down the road.
View attachment 704504

Very nice.

Back
Top Bottom