• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone use Cricket wireless?

I'm pretty sure we've used everyone of the big carriers before and never had an issue with coverage. I'm more concerned about their CUSTOMER service and any shady practices (as are in that link). I ASSUME some of that would be regional but perhaps not.
If I can get reliable customer service (on the presumption the cell service will all be acceptable) and something like a Nokia 635 and be out less than $50/month, I'm in.

Depends on your area. I can't get any other carrier where I live. We had Verizon a few years ago and hated the fact that you can't talk on the phone and use data at the same time. Sprint has zero data coverage outside of the Perimeter. Straight Talk is just Walmart reselling AT&T or Verizon.

Verizon can now handle data and voice at the same time. I cut a Verizon towers fiber feed in Buckhead this summer. They had 8 other towers in the area so nobody even noticed. Had I cut the AT&T towers fiber 6 inches to the left nobody in Buckhead would have had AT&T service because their towers don't overlap.

The Verizon tower on the roof is almost empty with the latest and greatest technology inside it. It is clean, cool and a real pleasure to work in. The AT&T hut next to it is a piece of **** with outdated equipment that is always breaking. The AC never works and it is filthy. Cut a Verizon fiber feed and somebody shows up in under 30 minutes. Cut an AT&T fiber feed and somebody MIGHT show up in 4 hours.

Cut a Sprint or T-Mobile fiber feed and they might notice it before somebody calls them the next day to report it.

I'm pretty sure we've used everyone of the big carriers before and never had an issue with coverage. I'm more concerned about their CUSTOMER service and any shady practices (as are in that link). I ASSUME some of that would be regional but perhaps not.
If I can get reliable customer service (on the presumption the cell service will all be acceptable) and something like a Nokia 635 and be out less than $50/month, I'm in.

The family share plans that are out now have made it a lot cheaper than $50 a month.

Pre AT&T Cricket service was non existent. I would call customer service and I swear the person on the other end of the line was on a cell phone while riding a subway in Pakistan. Since the AT&T buy out I couldn't tell you. I haven't had Cricket since 2003.

Verizon can now handle data and voice at the same time.
Not on a 4S they don't. :mad:

The family share plans that are out now have made it a lot cheaper than $50 a month.
Like who? :confused: I'm not finding it and I don't need a big data plan. 2gb at most. I'd only be able to get 2 lines as I can't change my work line.
My wife is on AT&T with a blackberry Torch and zero complaints. Smoking fast, hotspot, and it's amazing how much LESS data a BB uses due to whatever technology they have/had compared to other phones, so I hate to change her but the phone is on borrowed time.

Got AT&T prepaid phone and don't have any problems. Monthly fee plus the tax and no add-on junk fees.
Been fine for over a year now.

Don't know much about their cell service but I do remember with in the past two years my brother and my parents had gotten crikets air cards for internet access. Well, needless to say they never really had a good connection even if they were able to get online. This was both in northern Illinois and in north/central Florida.

I have AT&T and have no complaints. Have had it for a little over a yr. I can stream movies on LTE all the way up 85 through sc and across sc on 26 and everywhere inbetween.

Not on a 4S they don't. :mad:

Like who? :confused: I'm not finding it and I don't need a big data plan. 2gb at most. I'd only be able to get 2 lines as I can't change my work line.
My wife is on AT&T with a blackberry Torch and zero complaints. Smoking fast, hotspot, and it's amazing how much LESS data a BB uses due to whatever technology they have/had compared to other phones, so I hate to change her but the phone is on borrowed time.

Bring your own phone and you can do it on the family plans. Don't sign a contract to get a good deal on a phone. You'll end up paying for that phone 2-3x over.

Back
Top Bottom