• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone use Cricket wireless?

Bring your own phone and you can do it on the family plans. Don't sign a contract to get a good deal on a phone. You'll end up paying for that phone 2-3x over.
Heck they charge you MORE if you sign a contract. AT&T store manager literally said "We are trying to eliminate all contracts." I intend to just buy the phone outright (ideally from the provider but will buy third party if I have to I guess), no contract.

We use Metropcs who is now merged with T-mobile and we haven't had any problems.

Friend of mine had them and I hated talking to him. Always skipping on the phone, sound like a scratched cd and constant dropping of calls. He was always in or around Atlanta so I assumed he would have had good coverage.

Heck they charge you MORE if you sign a contract. AT&T store manager literally said "We are trying to eliminate all contracts." I intend to just buy the phone outright (ideally from the provider but will buy third party if I have to I guess), no contract.

When the HTC EVO first came out I bought a phone through sprint. I paid full price for the phone, nearly $600 so I wouldn't have a contract. I canceled it later on and they tried to hit me with over $700 in early cancelation fees. Yeah that a as a pain in the but to remedy and remove from our credit reports.

Buy the previous gen phones used and save a ton. When the S5 came out a few months ago you could find like-new S4's for $175. I bought 2 at that price locally. I bought a Note 3 for my wife for $150 on Ebay the day after the Note 4 was released.

Buy the previous gen phones used and save a ton. When the S5 came out a few months ago you could find like-new S4's for $175. I bought 2 at that price locally. I bought a Note 3 for my wife for $150 on Ebay the day after the Note 4 was released.
I think I'd like to get get that Nokia (Lumina 635). It's as cheap as $50 online.

There's a reason for that. It's a Windows phone. Their app store is almost non existent and the OS sucks donkey balls.
Don't have a phone but we've got it on a new tablet and a new laptop. No issues. I'm trying to avoid android and I hate apple. That phone gets good reviews. I'm not concerned about any relative lack of apps. They have more than enough for anything we've needed.

Don't have a phone but we've got it on a new tablet and a new laptop. No issues. I'm trying to avoid android and I hate apple. That phone gets good reviews. I'm not concerned about any relative lack of apps. They have more than enough for anything we've needed.

Wow! We found the one guy who likes Windows phones. I knew you had to be real.

Back
Top Bottom