• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Banned at local restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your call from Stacey Abrams was not that important. I am sure they have been doing every thing under the sun to get you stop coming there. Get the hint and pack a bloney sandwich and eat the dam thing in your junker.

But you did give us a good laugh on ODT so next time your crying about some stupid please post it on ODT.

So I have been eating at the same place for dinner for a while. A franchise store.

They have a habit of saying "welcome to *******'s" when you come in the door.

So last week I sat down to eat and I get a phone call. it's a call I had been hoping to get for several weeks. So I push the food aside and concentrate on this important call.

The store got busier and I had been involved in the call uninterrupted for about a half an hour when a new worker came on duty.

When he did the 'welcome' it was operatic, baritone, and obnoxiously loud performance. To which I gave him the "hey buddy!, do ya mind, I'm on the phone."

After he repeated the performance a couple times. I interrupted him again with something similar. not rude, not profane.

I have subsequently been informed that:
1. shouting a the staff is never appropriate
2. I am not welcome to be served at either of the 2 stores that these owners have franchises.

I am considering my options. What would you do?

Right now I am composing a letter to be sent certified mail to the CEO of the outfit that sells the franchises.

Sorry Friend but this is a public place. I would have wrapped my food up and stepped outside to take the call. Consider this, if you were at a sporting event, would you expect the announcements on the loudspeaker to be muted while you take an important phone call? Just saying................ :gossip::noidea::nono:

Cell phones are not welcome at increasing numbers of restaurants. As one manager puts it:

''The thing about cell phones is that they've taken the city by storm before anyone had a chance to be brought up the right way about them by their parents. Their use lacks etiquette, form and propriety.

''At Tabla one night, we had three people at the same table on separate phones at the same time. I understand that restaurants are also places to do business, but what is particularly annoying is two things: One is that the people doing it are creating a scene around themselves, needing to show how important they are. Two is that restaurants are also places people go to enjoy being restored. It's hard to be restored while someone is doing something that's all about being elsewhere.''

Of course, the rudeness of inflicting a private conversation on others, whether of the ''buy/sell'' or ''Mommy will be home soon'' variety, is hardly confined to the dining room. Complaints abound from all kinds of public spaces, especially theaters and trains, where callers have all-too-captive audiences.

Why don't cell phone offenders recognize themselves, their victims ask. They seem to have bountiful excuses, usually business-related. But no matter what they claim, cell phone victims say all roads lead to one indisputable element: ME. Look at ME. Listen to ME. Stop everything you are doing at your own table, and pay attention to ME.

The offenders seem blind to the sorry reality that these high-volume, one-sided, arrhythmic monologues are becoming the technological equivalent of halitosis. Some diners see a cell phone at the next table and flag the maitre d': it is most definitely time to move.

I have been a very loyal customer for more than a decade at the location nearest my home in Georgia. I am currently working out of state and am dealing with another franchise.
As a frequent customer, I probably know as much about their business as most of their employees. I have been in contact with the owners of this location for issues through their customer survey, and subsequently by phone. Never by speaking with staff members.
In each case the store was not in compliance with company standards.

As far as my conversation on my phone. I was not using a headset. I was holding my Iphone to my ear and having a quiet conversation and I was uninterrupted by any of the other staff members who were welcoming other guests for at least a half an hour before the ‘performance artist’ came on duty
So you have had problems in the past where you gave them a bad survey and had to be contacted by the owner? Yeah sounds like you were a problem customer the didn't want anymore. I know in my business there is 10% of the general public we can't make happy and I make it known to that 10% very quickly I would rather them do there business somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom