• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best bet on a Red Dot for a 12 yoa

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
Looking for feedback on a non magnifying red dot scope. I have no prior use with these. It will be used by a twelve year old. That translates into it will most probably be moved from one gun to another ranging from .22's to airsoft although the main purpose is for .22's. There is also the fact that it will be "accidently" left "on" for hours (those of you that have boys know where I'm coming from {God Bless Em' and Love Em'!} ). Now that you know the use, I still do not want one that disappoints in it's primary function--to work functionally and provide many quality hours and years of shooting fun. Shooting is only fun and interesting if you can consistently hit what you're aiming at minus shooter error. Under a hundred bucks would be great and I know I'm asking for a lot. Please reference your personal experiences as it is confusing enough muddling through dealer advertisements. Thank Ya'll!

Ithe bsa is cheap and pretty good. I have one on a 22 rifle and it works pretty good , I can hit a milk jug at 100 yards about every time with it

For under $100, you can get a Primary Arms (they have many types). They look to be out of stock at the moment. They are rated for much larger calibers so a 22 will be nothing. If you choose to move the dot to a centerfire in the future, you can. At that price range, the battery drain issue will always be a factor. None of the budget dots have the battery life of an Aimpoint. However, that being said, the Primary Arms are probably one of the best for battery life at this price point.

I have had several of their scopes and have been 100% satisfied. Their customer service is also excellent should any issues arise.

I have found the UTG brand to work on my .22
It started one my AR and held up for over a 1000 rounds before getting put on the 10-22
I like that some of them come with QD rings as part of the package
Mike

For under $100, you can get a Primary Arms (they have many types). They look to be out of stock at the moment. They are rated for much larger calibers so a 22 will be nothing. If you choose to move the dot to a centerfire in the future, you can. At that price range, the battery drain issue will always be a factor. None of the budget dots have the battery life of an Aimpoint. However, that being said, the Primary Arms are probably one of the best for battery life at this price point.

I have had several of their scopes and have been 100% satisfied. Their customer service is also excellent should any issues arise.

x2 on the PA

Back
Top Bottom