Best sight for 450

Look into the the 500-600 dollar range true 1 power scopes that go up to about 4 power with the illuminated reticle. The work just like a red dot and give you some magnification. That would be perfect. It's probably going to still take a coin style battery but it will be one of the more popular coin style batteries that you can find at certain stores. I have red dots on a couple of my scopes. I keep a good stock of those batteries in the safe and I have the Magpul ACS line ( I believe that's the one ) that has the little storage compartment in it. And also the over molded Magpul grips MOE-K2+ with that storage compartment. I keep batteries and other little lower parts that might need replaced. With that stock and grip combo you can almost fit two batteries and a complete firing control group in there. That's what I have on my SHTF 6.8spcII and 5.56. Those compartments are priceless when it comes to rifle maintenance.

aimpoint all the way, the battery isnt a big deal with how long they last, just grab a handful and you'll be good for a looooonnnggg time

I think a Leupold has a Fire dot in that price range. Vortex PST makes one. There are a few out there. I do know for sure the Leupold that the dot is really bright in daylight. That's a great scope.

When you can get a scope that will act like a red dot and allow you keep both eyes open and be able to adjust up to a 4 power, it's the both of best worlds. With such a large cartridge you can't go wrong. I was really impressed with the Leopold because the dot was so small and clear with no star burst effect at all. It hit where that dot was. As a matter of fact I put three shots through the same hole on 4x at 100 yards. They are compact, light and Leupold doesn't make junk and that's a fact. I had a Vortes Viper PST with one of fancy reticles and it was just as accurate and sturdy. It would illuminate but it wasn't real bright in the daylight. However it had the tactical reticle that is always present. It lights up and you can see it in the failing light with 4 or 5 choices of brightness. The difference being instead of the a red dot in the middle of the reticle, the whole reticle lit up. So technically speaking the Leupold is more like the a red dot it that since. Go to your nearest store that has a big selection of scopes and look through those scopes. They are awsome little scopes and don't limit you to just 1x. You have another 3 times the power over a simple red dot. It's exactly what the three gunners are using. They use the 1x to hit and move quickly throught the close targets and turn it up when they get to the stage where the targets are at a distance where magnification is a must. If they will hold up to the riggors of 3 gunners they will hold up to hunting or just home defense.

They offer a few options on the leupold scopes including tactical offerings so there are still cross hairs in there, there is just a little dot right in the middle. They are as clear as a bell and very accurate. You just have to go look through one to appreciate the scope for what it is.

With that caliber that is likely going to drop fast I would want cross hairs with hash marks to be able to allow me to develope a method of measuring drop over distance. Cause that thumper of a projectile is going to start dropping and dropping quick. It would be the best option for that load. I really don't know what else I can say about the scope. It's all that and a bag of chips.

At 150 yards that load almost drops 30 inches. With a red dot at 100 you are fine. After that you will be rolling the dice on where to aim. Not a effective way of returning fire or aiming at a deer. That round almost forces you to select very carefully your optic. Or very carefully select your optic. That sounds better.

Back
Top Bottom